Monday, March 7, 2011

Out my window

I just wanted to write to tell you what I am looking at. I sit at the desk in our office, and look out my window at the big mountain. In the fields behind us is a dirt road. Walking down the road was a goat (or a sheep, or a ram, I don’t know). It is black and white and has some little horns. It strutted down the road, and checks out the pony that is feeding from his mother, who is tied up to eat the grass in this area. They eyeball each other but he continues on. He then avoids a horse that is not tied up and runs around a puddle from last night’s rain. Then he gets to a pack of four dogs that are hanging out. The goat/sheep/ram/thing charges at the pack of dogs, and one of the dogs starts barking at him and then chases him as he tries to get away. But he doesn’t chase for long.

The goat then heads toward the pony, but the pony is now closer to his mom and so this scares the goat and the goat runs into the trees.

Meanwhile, three calves are in the road. Soon, a man riding a bike and smoking a cigarette tries to round them up. One gets away, so he has to get off of his bike and walk his bike up a hill. Soon, he manages to get his calves headed back to the farm and all is good.

I love looking out my window!

1 comment:

  1. So not much different than a night on the bluffs of EP. Love, steve who is being anonymousish.

    ReplyDelete