Saturday, July 18, 2009

Attack!

Yesterday, I was helping my friend, Brendan, put up some plaques and credentials on the wall of the clinic. We needed a drill bit for the concrete, so I went over to the drill bit station here at the church for my drill.



There are two guard dogs here at the church. They stay hooked on their chains most of the time. Brava (which means fierce) is a little Doberman, is a young dog. She likes to bark at random times in the day, and most of the night. She will bark if there is a horse in the area (which is often) and whenever another dog is barking (which is almost always). I am pretty sure she gets quiet when questionable people come around. Ironic.



The other dog, Mogley, is a big Rottweiler. He weighs close to a hundred pounds, maybe more, and is old. His teeth don't work so good, and when he barks, it is more of a howl. He has been a good guard dog.



When I went in to get the concrete bit, I stopped and pet Brava. I don't do this very often, but I like to when I am able to wash my hands soon after. I even taught her how to sit. Even though she just sits and then rolls onto her back.



This particular petting, made Mogley extra jealous. He hasn't been pet in a while. So I proceded on, and Mogley, seeing that I was out of chain range, took a full head of steam and plowed right through the chain's power (which broke) and launched at my legs.



I hate to admit it, but I screamed a little; the kind of scream that would have been louder if I hadn't lost my breath.



Luckily, Mogley didn't kill me. I was too close to react and so Mogley only ended up taking out one of my legs and then going to get Brava. I stepped on the chain and he came back and calmed down quickly. I managed to fake the confidence to pretend like Mogley was a good boy and that he just wanted to be pet, not to eat me. It worked.



I managed to tie him up again after giving him a lot of badly needed attention. It took me another five minutes to regain my optimum heart rate.



As I went down to go to take pictures of the dogs (just now), I found out that Mogley bit another guy today. I saw his pants completely ripped and he was limping. I guess his teeth do work. Yikes!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment