Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Some more ramblings...

Well, today is the first of July. Erin and I were able to go to Seattle in May and to Minnesota in June. We learned some things.
One, travelling is difficult. Getting to the airport is costly and time-consuming.
Two, we love our families.
Three, we missed being here, in Mexico.
Mexico has really become our home more and more. We truly missed our friends here and through our trips, we appreciate the relationships that are developing here.
Also, I (Chad) have returned with a new fire for working in the community. I view the first 5 months that we were here as the learning months. Now I am moving onto the doing months. Even if we don't know what we are doing, we are going to do it.
And I am excited about it.
I just finished reading the Bible. It took me one year and a half and a day, but I made it through. My Spanish is getting better. And I have this sense that things are happening here for Jesus.
Yesterday, we went to the US to grocery shop and to pick up our friends, Daniel and Heidi, from the airport. We also picked up 30 gallons of milk for the orphanage. When we got to the orphanage, a few people said hello to us and a couple of boys helped us carry in the milk (without being asked). Then we were asked by our friend, Josue, if we would take his wife to her house, and so we did, of course. And when we got back to church, we were able to give some groceries to Gonzalo and his family that we had bought in the US. This, to me, is living.
Later on that night, we had dinner with the other missionaries in the community, and when we returned, we were greeted by a group of kids who were so excited to see us that they mobbed our car.

No comments:

Post a Comment