Saturday, September 12, 2009







Well, we didn't win. We didn't score. My first offensive coordinator gig (if you don't count the pee-wee league I coached at in Northfield during college at St. Olaf).
We didn't allow a touchdown in the first half but we lost 20-0. Their size and stamina just wore us down.
As I look at it, the game did what we wanted it to do. It was a wakeup call and we were outplayed in the second half. We now can see more what we have to work on.
On another note....after the game, the regional assistant director of the football league met with us coaches and said that they were going to buy us away jerseys and some extra equipment. The league believes that if they work with schools, they are able to help motivates young men to have disciplines and stay away from the drug realm.
I was so excited about that. Here I was in Mexico, looking to raise leaders to serve and follow Christ, and I find myself coaching football, because I love it.
Continue to pray for us as we try to win, but also try to motivate these young men.
(ps, I was invited to go drinking with the team after....which seems weird, but the ones that invited me can legally drink.)
(pss I said no)

No comments:

Post a Comment