Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Brrrrrrr!

We survived another night. We have all of the blankets that we own and still are barely warm enough. I say survived because 31 people have died in Mexico according to the news since October. There is no central heating in Mexico and therefore many people will start a fire or a gas grill inside and then the Carbon Monoxide gets 'em.
Not having heat makes for having long cold nights. But hopefully it will warm up a little more today. The sun is out and as I sat outside reading my Bible, I felt the warmth of the sun and it started to warm up my core.
I really feel God preparing Erin and I to do something that we don't really understand yet. We already know that we are here to pray for Sofi. She was born with some irregular veins in her head that are bleeding still and have made her life the last couple of years, very difficult. She had a pretty big anheurism and lost some of her ability to use the right side of her body. She does physical therapy every day to help this. She is an amazingly kind and sweet 17-year-old and we depend on her for translating. She also has a beautiful voice (she is the one who sang at our wedding).
We feel honored to be here still and I (Chad) really feel such a peace that this is where we are supposed to be. Its a funny thing to take such a giant step (for me) and now that I have taken it, I don't know any other place that I would want to be.
God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment