Friday, January 16, 2009

Here we are!


I am writing this from my bed. It is a strange thing to be using a laptop computer with wi-fi on the floor of a room because we have no bed.




But such is our life. We have so many things that we didn't expect and so many things that we don't.




Erin, my wife, and I arrived here in La Mision on Thursday, January 15th, at 3pm. It was a beautiful day and we were glad to be done with our long road trip from Seattle. We had such a good trip but it was tough because our truck was so full and we were starting to dread being in the car.




The Pachecos, (who are our landlords, pastors, and friends), greeted us warmly and we were so glad to be with them. Sofi, the seventeen-year-old girl, who sang at our wedding, is here and is showing us around and is so fun to be with.




Erin is picking up Spanish quickly and I hope that she doesn't get better than me (is that wrong?). They asked me to play in the band for worship on Sunday morning and I am very happy about that.




We are excited about all that is happening....including the fact that our non-profit went through so we are able to take donations under the name La Mision Ministries. We feel so blessed that that happened and so we can proceed with our fundraising efforts.




Thanks for supporting us in prayer and whatever other way you can. We can truly feel the prayers!




No comments:

Post a Comment